We provide students with optional, credit earning courses that cover topics beyond that of the regular core curriculum.
- This includes all TRACK and all ELECTIVE Courses.
- TRACKS and ELECTIVES can vary in length and the amount of hours in class. Credit hours will vary anywhere from .5 to 3 credits per course. All grades and credit hours are posted on the student transcript. All courses provide a detailed syllabus that has been approved by the RVU Institutional Curriculum Committee.
- TRACKS involve an application process, are longitudinal and progressive in nature, more career-oriented, last 3.5 years in length, and include some sort of clinical component. Grades are Honors/Pass/Fail at the discretion of the Course Director(s).
- ELECTIVES are short Pass/Fail stand-alone, one-semester courses. Most of these have 3-4 sections to avoid an overlap in materials. The course directors also provide a complete and approved syllabus for each of these courses. There may be a nominal fee associated with some electives. The Medical Spanish elective does require a pretest to establish fluency level in order to place you into the correct class. i.e. January elective may be “Basic Medical Spanish” and the fall semester may be “Intermediate/Advanced."
- The department also offers the following:
- Student one-year sabbaticals for off campus additional degree earnings (i.e. MPH) or bench research
- Approves all international externship sites for clinical students
- Provides medical outreach opportunities for all interested M1 - M4 students.
- Note that students do not need to be in a track to participate in medical outreach.
Any questions please contact:
Department Admins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Chair: Dr. Camille Bentley DO, MPH, FACOFP: at email@example.com
Colorado Campus, Pod B
President, Hands for Health Foundation, Aurora, CO.